When it comes to education, Finland is one of the best in Europe. Every year, a large number of overseas students enrol in its universities and colleges. Because some public universities charge very low tuition costs to international students, turnout is high. Students are drawn to Finnish colleges by their world-class instructors and exceptional teaching methods.
You can apply for admission to a Finnish university and then wait for their acceptance. Once granted, you must get a Finland student visa before coming to Finland. If you don’t know how to receive a residence permit to study in Finland, the steps are outlined here to assist you. CIC Visa is the best and the most trusted Finland Study Visa consultant in Amritsar.
Steps for Getting a Student Visa for Education in Finland
- The first step is to complete your visa application online and submit the required documentation. If you are unable to complete the online form, you may apply in person at the Finland embassy.
- After you have applied, you must go to the Finland embassy to have your documents verified.
- You must pay the application cost and submit your fingerprints at the embassy.
- The Finland embassy may invite you to an interview to learn more about your personality and why you wish to study in Finland.
- The Finnish authorities will process your application and notify you if it has been approved within 1-3 months.
What Documents Do You Need for a Finland Residence Permit?
The Embassy of Finland will require copies of the following documents:
- Acceptance certificate from a Finnish educational institution
- Valid passport photo in colour
- Colour reproductions of the passport’s data page and any pages containing notes
- Details on tuition fees and any scholarships
- Proof of your ability to support yourself
- Previous experience
- Evidence of health insurance
Eligibility Criteria to Get Student Visa for Education in Finland
A candidate for a student visa for education in Finland is one who:
- is enrolled at a university in Finland; and has no Schengen Area travel bans.
- There are no criminal charges against him.
- Is it a threat to Finland and its interests?
Extending your Finland Student Visa
The Finland student visa permits you to stay in the country and study for a maximum of two years. If your program or course expires before two years, it will be valid solely for that period. If your education will take more than two years, you can request for a Visa extension. Remember that you must apply for an extension at least three months before your present residence permit expires.
Staying in Finland after Education
International students who want to stay in Finland after finishing their studies have a few possibilities.
- Work Visa: If you have a job in Finland, you can apply for a work visa once you graduate.
- Job-seekers Visa: If you cannot find work in Finland, you can apply for a job-seekers visa. This residence visa permits you to stay in the Nordic countries for a year while looking for work.
- A researcher visa is for students who want to work on a research project with their professor or at a research facility. The researcher’s visa, on the other hand, will only allow you to work in the research field.
What if your Finland Visa is Rejected?
When a student fails to produce valid documents to verify their financial stability, the government usually denies their visa application. To avoid rejection, contact your nearest consulate to learn how to correctly show your documents. CIC Visa is your trusted partner all over your visa journey as they are the best Overseas Education Consultants in Amritsar
You can also file an appeal for reprocessing if you receive a negative response from the embassy. The instructions for filing an appeal can be found in the rejection letter given by the authorities. After you file your appeal, the Administrative Court will send your case back to the Finnish Immigration Service for reprocessing. If you do not meet the court’s conditions, your appeal may be denied.
Finally, I would want to emphasize the importance of remaining calm when applying for a student visa in Finland. Everything will come to you if you work with patience.
Read More About Student visa in Finland: A comprehensive guide