Finland is a popular educational destination for international students seeking a high-quality education, well-paying employment possibilities, and the opportunity to explore a culturally diverse country. To study in Finland, Indian students would need a student visa. So, read this blog to learn about some crucial components of the study visa. CIC Visa is one of the best Finland Study Visa consultant in Amritsar.
Student visa in Finland: An overview
- To study for more than 90 days, you will require a student visa, often known as a residency permit. It is still valid for the duration of your course.
- To pursue a course that lasts fewer than 90 days, you will require a temporary or short visa, sometimes known as a Schengen visa.
- A residency permit for scientific research is required if you intend to attend a post-graduate education program after finishing a master’s degree.
Finland study visa requirements
You are eligible to apply for a Finland study visa if you meet the following general requirements:
- A study place: If you have a study place, that is, you have been accepted as a student by a Finnish educational institute offering a degree or a vocational certificate, you can apply for a study visa.
- Sufficient financial resources: You must have enough money to support your stay in the country.
- Insurance: You must have private insurance that covers medical and pharmaceutical expenditures in the event of an emergency.
- A valid passport is required.
- You have not been prohibited from entering.
- You do not endanger public order, security, or public health, nor do you endanger Finland’s international relations.
- Exams for English proficiency, such as the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), should be taken.
After you have met these conditions, you can apply for a Finland student visa by completing a visa application form together with the following documents:
- Acceptance letter from a Finnish higher education institution
- Transcripts of academic achievement (degrees and certificates)
- Proof of financial means adequate to pay tuition fees and maintain your stay in Finland
- A single-color photograph
- Receipt of visa application fee
- Certificate of Insurance
The visa authorities may want you to provide extra documentation, such as a letter outlining the purpose and duration of your visit, among other things. As a result, it is recommended that you visit Finland’s official immigration website for up-to-date information on the paperwork required to apply for a study visa.
How to apply for a Finnish student visa?
Follow these procedures to apply for a Finnish student visa:
- Apply for a student visa after receiving a letter of admission from the university.
- To apply for a student visa online, go to the official website. Fill out a visa application form and attach all required documentation.
- If you filled out a paper application form, go to the Finnish embassy or service center to verify your identity and submit your fingerprints.
- Pay the visa application fee.
- A personal interview may be scheduled for you.
- Your student visa will be issued if you match their conditions.
Finland study visa processing time
Students can generally expect a judgment between 15-30 days. It may take longer if the application must be thoroughly examined. As a result, aim to submit your application at least 6 months before the date of your travel to Finland.
Finland study visa cost
The cost of a student visa will differ depending on whether the application is made online or in person. Hopefully, this information will assist you in planning your academic trip to Finland. If growing college prices are a concern for you, you might apply for an international education loan. CIC Visa provides hyper-personalized education loans with a variety of incentives as they are the trusted Overseas Education Consultants in Amritsar Get in contact with us to learn more about these benefits and the criteria for education loan qualifying!