Study in Holland, one of the wealthiest nations of the world which is home to many global brands. Holland has a highly respected higher education system known for its scientific and engineering programs offered in English that churns out highly employable individuals. It is not that Holland is all work and no play. For the ardent traveller in you, Holland is gifted with picturesque country sides and vibrant cities lined with strings of cafes, art galleries and historic monuments one can cover on a bicycle. To boot, excellent transport links to other European countries makes it affordable to visit popular destinations such as Germany and France during your time of stay there.
- Name: Netherlands
- Capital City: Amsterdam (780,152 pop.)
- Surface area: 41,528 km² (18.41% water)
- Type of government: Constitutional monarchy – parliamentary democracy
- Population: 16,805,037 (2013 EST.)
- Largest Cities: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, Utrecht, Eindhoven, Tilburg, Groningen, Breda, Apeldoorn, Nijmegen
- Currency: Euro
- GDP per capita: $42,300 (2012 EST.)
- Language: Dutch (official), Frisian (official)
- Industry: food processing, petroleum refining, manufacture of chemicals, electrical machinery, metal products, and electronics.